We are on the hunt for a few new additions to the Alice Lane family. We’re a busy bunch and could use a few extra hands. So if you have a love for all things Alice Lane and think you would be a perfect fit for any of these positions we would love to hear from you!
As the old saying goes, “The high tide raises all boats.” That’s why we seek hiring people who are better than us; people who can help raise the tide. We employ professionals with a wide variety of skill sets; from creative and imaginative visionaries to dynamic and forward-thinking innovators. Whatever direction you’re headed with our company, you’ll find talented, driven and passionate members of the Alice Lane family – ready to both teach and learn from you. Some of the benefits you’ll find at Alice Lane Home Collection include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
We are looking for a passionate, design-savvy, and hardworking individual to join our sales floor team for nights and weekends in Salt Lake City! If you think you would be a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Or if you know someone who might be, please pass this on to them.
- Assist clients on the sales floor as they select, customize, and purchase home furnishings and accessories
- Write customer furniture orders and ensure that all information is included
- Build customer relationships with excellent communication and follow through as the items are ordered and delivered
- Style the sales floor and create exciting, inspiring, and a beautiful environment
- Assist with receiving product, opening fright, and organizing backstock and the stockroom
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized work environment
- Design degree or experience is preferred
- 2-3 years design experience
- Strong computer skills required
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and follow up ability
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Desire to create customer relationships
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
To Apply – Fill out the form below and attach your resume/portfolio. (Please feel free to email us your portfolio if necessary.)
At Alice Lane Home Collection we believe that an internship experience is as much about learning as it is becoming a valuable member of the team. Interior Design internships offer a multi-faceted experience in which creative and technical skills are applied within a project based environment. As a design intern, you will assist project managers and designers with a variety of tasks across finishes and furniture specification for residential and commercial projects.
- Complete Daily Opening and Closing procedure for your shift
- Be on time, and communicate schedule changes
- Complete your work prior to leaving for the day
EXAMPLES OF TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Resource updating
- Vendor management
- Assisting in client presentation; prepare presentation materials (packets), concept boards
- Development of concepts, research into materials, and other daily activities.
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in department meetings and work on special projects.
- Set up and take down presentations
- Provide administrative support to Designers
- Take notes in meetings, maintain organization of client/ project binders, copy, file, maintain excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Answer design center phones, take messages and represent Alice Lane to new clients
- Share in housekeeping chores in the office
- Other tasks assigned by the designer
Being self-motivated and passionate about design is a start. We require that you have at least 1 year of study under your belt and that you have technical skills that include some of the following:
- Must be able to intern for a minimum of:
- Summer – 20 hours per week
- Spring/Fall semester – Hours TBD per Mgr approval
- Have successfully completed a minimum of one AutoCAD class
- Strong eye and high aesthetic taste level
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Comfortable working in an interactive and team based environment
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a plus