“Rooms are like albums that provoke memories. What you decorate with should remind you of a street you wandered down or an experience that made you happy.”
– Amy Hase
The best work we do as designers is when we get to incorporate the client’s loves, memories, and passions into their space. Whether it be with framed photographs filled with life’s moments and art or incorporating family heirlooms, such as an old chair frame that belonged to a great-grandmother, or a crystal bowl that was your mother’s wedding gift. We are all about creating spaces people fall in love with. It helps us to know what you love and what makes you happy. This is your space, you need to express yourself! Everyone should get to live in a meaningful space that hugs you back when you gaze into it.
Here are a few tips:
– A gallery wall full of family photos that gives you a chance to peek into one’s life and pause, browse, wonder, laugh, and remember. It gives life to ay home and tells your story.
– I like old pictures framed and matted in a clean contemporary way. I think the juxtaposition of the old picture in a cleaned up frame makes a dramatic statement.
– Collections are a great way to show what you love and what you pick up in your travels. Whether it be containers of sea-glass, old trophies, globes, postcards, or books, it’s a peek into who you are and what you’re all about. It says, you love the beach! Or you love to wander through antique shops…
– Flatter yourself and your room with great light. I think lamp light is the prettiest on the skin and makes you look all warm and glowy.
– Scent is essential to some people’s happiness! Fresh flowers are a luxury that no woman can deny! A good flickering candle makes me feel like I’m having a moment. And nothing, I repeat nothing, is better than the smell of food cooking or being prepared that makes a house feel like a home.
Images from Lonny Magazine