I love giving. I love shopping for just the thing. I love thinking ver specifically about each person I gift. It’s a consideration that takes a great deal of though – I categorize my subjects into two categories. They’re either practical or emotional types that totally appreciate a little luxury. Needs versus wants. Both types of people still deserve a well wrapped gift and a love note. I even like to tell them what I was thinking when I chose their gift. Why they needed it. Make it personal. That’s the part that is the gift. They LOVE you put into it.
1. Magazine Subscriptions – There are a bunch for $5 on Amazon right now!
2. A Rowenta iron and a nice new spray bottle.
3. An entry rug or doormat – Alice Lane – In store now.
4. A rug in front of the kitchen sink – Alice Lane – In store now.
5. Dish or hand towels for the kitchen – I love William Sonoma.
6. Bar of soap on a beautiful dish – Alice Lane – In store now.
7. Hand Cream in a tube. They can keep it by the sink or throw it in their purse. – Alice Lane – In store now.
8. Beautiful antique reproduction gold scissors – These could be pretty hanging from a ribbon near your wrapping or sewing station. – Alice Lane – In store now.
9. Silver serving dish – Makes you feel more culinary! And everything tastes better! – Alice Lane – In store now.
10. Nice Thank You cards with a good pen.
11. Decorative hooks for the pantry to hang aprons and what-nots or for the mud hall, closet or bathroom to hang necklaces. – Alice Lane – In store now.
12. For the person who works a lot – desk accessories. – Alice Lane
1. A candle with long wooden matches and a candle snuffer. – Alice Lane – In store now.
2. Cashmere socks and a pedicure.
3. A plush bathrobe liket his silk velvet one from Garnet Hill.
4. Haflinger slippers for men or women from Garnet Hill.
5. Music. Whatever puts you in a place when you hear it – that you have to just stop and be!
6. A date to do smile luxuries. Salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks.
7. An experience – tickets to something or somewhere!
8. A small box of fancy chocolates – My favorite are Frango mints.
9. Crystal candy dish (Full of candy, of course!)
10. A cocktail ring.
11. Art – Messages so sweet you could cry. – Alice Lane – In store now.
12. A gorgeous crystal picture frame with a love note in it. – Alice Lane – In store now.
Happy gifting! Do it with love. And they’ll love it!