Happy October friends! We love all the festivities that fall has to offer. One of our favorite ways to embrace the season is to spruce up the front porch! We’re all about finding ways to decorate for the holidays without pulling out bins and bins of decor that haven’t seen the sun in months. We’ve found that making these few simple changes to your front porch will make your home look festive, warm, and inviting.
1. Add A Wreath – A fall wreath can instantly change the mood of your front porch. Some of our favorite decorative wreaths are made from natural fall materials like feathers and leaves.
2. Seasonal Planters – We love to flank planters at each side of the front door and fill them plants that will last through the cold months. By simply changing out your bright spring blossoms to the rich earthy colors of fall, your home will suddenly feel up with the times.
3. Add A Rug – Ditch the old straw door mat and try adding a rug instead. You’ll find that it makes your porch feel incredibly stylish. You can even try layering rugs together. We love this crochet rug layered with the black and white stripe! So festive.
4. Display The Seasons Harvest – Of course, no fall porch is complete without pumpkins! Try stacking pumpkins in an old crate or scatter them around your planters. They add the perfect punch of color and texture that simply screams fall!
Items available for purchase at Alice Lane Home & Wonderland by Alice Lane:
1. Round Feather Wreath – $52 | 2. Square Chelsea Cylinder – $172 | 3. Sanibel Rug – $344