We recently returned from an amazing week in High Point, North Carolina attending the infamous High Point Market. For those unfamiliar with market, it’s essentially Fashion Week for the interior design world. Everybody who is anybody in this industry is there, either showcasing their latest collection or shopping current styles and trends. Every year, we’re inspired by the beautiful creations we see at market and then bring those ideas and products home with us to share with you!
Here are the top 5 trends we noticed from this year’s market:
1. Blush Pink – Shelby from Steel Magnolias would be so proud to see her signature color making our top 5 trend list of 2015. This delicate shade of pink is feminine, elegant, and incredibly eye-catching. Yes…you’re seeing it all over the runways right now in too. Turns out that dusty pink shawl you bought will double as the perfect throw for your couch!
2. Jewel Tones – You don’t have to be a billionaire to deck your halls in sapphire, emerald, pink, ruby, or canary. These rich and bold colors are being applied in upholstery, drapery, on the walls…you name it. The trick here is to pick one color vein and use it at different strengths throughout your room. Too many colors and it starts to feel really dated.
3. Modern Art – If your home is full of traditional pieces, adding some modern art is an easy way to stay on trend. Take down your landscapes and oil paintings in favor of abstract or minimalist pieces to give your home an updated and clean look.
4. Sculptural Furniture – Let your furniture be a piece of art! When your chair can double as both a place to park your tushy and be the topic of conversation with your guests, you know you’re on trend.
5. Vintage Modern – You know what they say, if you wait long enough it’s bound to come back in style! Trends are pulling inspiration from vintage design for a stylish mix of old and new. We’ve see this a lot already with mid-century inspired pieces, but it’s expounding into more decades and eras of design than ever before.
[Kelly Wearstler Collection]